Protecting Your Roof from Sun Damage
Now that it’s summer, get ready to feel the heat! However, not many people know that the hot sun can cause a lot of damage to your existing roof. In order to keep your home in tip-top shape, here are our 9 summer roof maintenance tips on how to protect your roof during these warm months.
- Make sure to check and clean all gutters and downspouts so that water can flow through without blockage.
- If you have a skylight, don’t forget to check for clutter behind it.
- Check your roof for cracking shingles, or shingles that are missing.
- Checks your fans to make sure they are working properly.
- While on your roof, make sure to take pictures of before and after to make sure there aren’t any major changes since your last check.
- Mold damage happens fast. Make sure that nothing is moldy or damaged from mold, and if there is mold damage, call your San Jose roofing company right away to make quick repairs.
- Block all the places where small creatures can invade.
- Check sealants to make sure they are still in good shape.
- Make sure your eaves and overhangs don’t have stains from water.
If you’re concerned about keeping your roof in the best possible condition during the summer, be sure to follow our 9 summer roof maintenance tips. And, if you would like more information on how to protect your roof, contact Doctor Exteriors today for a full, professional inspection!