Roof Replacement and Installations in Omaha
Most experts agree that your typical roof has a lifetime of about 20 to 25 years. With proper preventative maintenance on a regular schedule, your roof can naturally reach the end of its working life without experiencing failure. However, once your roof has started to show signs of aging or experiences severe damage, it is important to start planning to avoid the potential of a catastrophic roof failure. Dr. Exteriors offers roof replacements and installations in the Omaha area.
Signs you need roof replacement
There are various signs you can look for that signal your roof is nearing the end of its useful life or has sustained damage. If you know your roof is approaching the age of 20 years, you should start to watch out for the following:
- Curled shingle edges and missing or cracked shingles
- Shingles missing from the valleys of your roof leaves you susceptible to leaks
- Areas among your shingles with missing granules
- Moss on roof surfaces can hold moisture against the roof and, over time, cause damage to the shingles
- If the houses in your neighborhood were built around the same time and you notice any neighbors getting roof replacements done, it is a good sign your home’s roof is also in need of replacement
What happens if you don’t replace your roof?
Your roof is one of the most important features of your home you want to maintain. If you fail to repair it or get a new roof when it has started to show signs of reaching the end of its life, you can cause additional damages to your home without a roof replacement. If you live in Omaha and you have cracked shingles on your roof, contact our team for help.
- Water damage is an obvious consequence of roof damage. Water leaking through the roof rots not only the roof but other interior wood vital to your home’s stability, creating structural damage and the risk of total collapse of your home
- The introduction of moisture into the air of your home from an aging, leaking roof will cause mold and mildew to grow on the rotting wood and in moist areas, creating a health hazard for your family
- Water leaking into your home from your roof can also come into contact with electrical wiring channeled through your home, creating a major risk of fire
Contact our contractors for a new roof installation or cracked shingle replacement service in Omaha that you can count on from Dr. Exteriors, LLC
If you suspect you are in need of a new roof, call Dr. Exteriors, LLC for a free roof inspection and free estimate on the cost of replacement. We use only the highest quality materials when doing roof installation.