Professional Roof Replacement in Omaha, NE
Roofing Services in Omaha
From a quick shingle repair to a full roof replacement, Dr. Exteriors is your roofing expert in the Omaha area. It can be overwhelming to consider having to replace your roof, but don’t let that stop you from making the call – time will only worsen whatever damage already exists. Not to mention we are pleased to offer free, non-obligation quotes on our services. We will consider the condition of your roof and let you know our opinion on the extent of your roof repair needs and whether or not you should opt for a full replacement.
There are a lot of things to look for that can tip you off to the fact that your roof is in need of attention. The average roof has a lifespan of about 20 years depending upon your roofing material, so if your roof is older than that there’s a good chance it needs some work.
1. Higher Energy Bills
If your air conditioning or heating costs suddenly seem higher than they should be, your conditioned air may be leaking out through your roof.
2. Sagging Roof Deck
If you notice your decking or rafters in your attic are no longer straight and are instead sagging downward, it could be caused by moisture leaking in from a damaged roof.
3. Cracked, Curled, or Missing Shingles
This one is easy to spot with a quick glance up at your roof. If your shingles are no longer sitting the way they should and you notice several with cracks or curling away from your roof, those shingles need replaced.
While there is no surefire sign that tells us you are going to need a full on roof replacement without us taking a look at it first, there are definitely signs you can pick up on that will at least let you know it’s time to have a professional roofer take a look. These things include:
1. The age of your roof – as noted earlier the average lifespan of a typical shingled roof is about 20 years.
2. Many shingles curled, buckling, or missing is a sign that the damage is more extensive than just having a couple of shingles that may not have been installed correctly.
3.Roof valleys are a part of the roof that commonly need replaced so let us inspect yours – roof valleys are the V-shaped metal channels that run up and down the “folds” of your roof.
4. Worn out chimney flashing – flashing is the sheet metal that is meant to ensure a watertight seal between the chimney and the roof but the effectiveness of the flashing deteriorates over time and it will need replacement.
5. A lot of shingle litter – fine granules that slough off of the shingles – in your gutters is a sign that your roof is past its useful age and needs replacement.
Your best option is to contact Dr. Exteriors for a free roof inspection/evaluation (and a free estimate on repairs). We will provide a thorough inspection of all shingles, valleys, flashing, etc. We’ll show you photos of any areas of concern, as well as go over your options for repair and/or replacement. We use only top quality materials and construction for any shingles, roof repairs, and replacement.